TULSA, Okla., Aug. 8, 2019 – When a Texas-based upstream operator replaced its legacy master data management (MDM) solution with EnerHub™, it got the total MDM solution it originally envisioned: a tool that is easy to use and customizable, with “at a glance” views of per-well summary data and Google-like search capabilities.
The operator, which focuses on unconventional oil and natural gas plays in the Eagle Ford, had originally implemented an MDM tool from a well-known oil and gas software vendor.
Post-implementation, the operator began to experience issues with the software tool, including labor-intensive data maintenance, inability to access “per well” summary data, vendor restrictions on tool customization, and lower than acceptable user adoption.
Less than a year after the first MDM implementation, the operator decided to cut its losses and find a solution more aligned with its original vision.
The company spent nearly a year evaluating MDM tools before selecting EnerHub from Stonebridge Consulting.
A big part of the MDM migration process involved a pre-implementation assessment of the operator’s processes, work and data flows, operational and geosciences systems, and data dependencies. The Stonebridge-led assessment was an essential step in reducing the complexity and uncertainty associated with a major software implementation.
Today the operator finds that, with EnerHub as its MDM tool and Stonebridge as its trusted advisor, it now has the total MDM solution the company can trust.
Business users are seeing operational benefits from EnerHub’s data management features over its previous MDM tool, including:
- Simplified Data Maintenance – Using EnerHub’s portal interface, the operator’s data stewards can easily make master data attribute changes to their golden record.
- Golden Record Snapshot – EnerHub’s Golden Record Snapshot feature enables users to access the golden record for custom use as it is refreshed real time from the MDM platform.
- Custom Merging – EnerHub’s intuitive and easily configurable interface allows users to modify the publishing systems by dragging and dropping systems.
- Client-Requested Customizations – Because EnerHub is designed as a fit-for-purpose data management solution, it had the flexibility to adapt to the operator’s processes.
- Superior User Experience – EnerHub’s Energy Portal provides users with a user-friendly interface incorporating Google-like search capabilities.
Click here to read the entire case study.
EnerHub’s Master Data module is powered by Naveego, a leading innovator in data quality and MDM software solutions. Stonebridge and Naveego partner to develop these solutions for the oil and gas industry under the EnerHub brand.
Interested in a similar solution for your organization? Click here to start a dialogue with Stonebridge.
About Stonebridge Consulting, LLC
Stonebridge Consulting provides business advisory and technology services for next-gen oil and gas. We serve the oil and gas industry exclusively. Our industry expertise, proven methodologies, and extensive project IP and solution accelerators enable us to deliver projects faster, generating measurable improvements in operational efficiency and saving project time and costs by as much as 50 percent. More information about Stonebridge is available at www.sbconsulting.com.
NOTE: All product and company names are trademarks ™ or registered trademarks ® of their respective holders. Use of them does not imply any affiliation with or endorsement by them.