HOUSTON, January 4, 2011 – The Australian American Chamber of Commerce (AACC) in Houston has announced that Greg Foley, Past President of AACC and currently senior account executive at Stonebridge, will co-chair AACC’s 2011 Energy Conference, January 28th.
The 2011 conference, “Energy in an Evolving World,” is designed to raise awareness and drive dialog around important topics in the energy sector. Over 250 energy industry leaders, C-level executives and academics are expected to attend.
“It is inevitable that new sources of energy will replace fossil fuels,” Foley said. “The objective for Energy in an Evolving World is to start a dialog to reach that goal.” Experts from both Australia and the United States will present their varying perspectives of industry best practices in energy innovation.
As part of the Annual G’Day USA program, this conference provides attendees with an opportunity to listen to and share insights with energy experts from two countries that have much in common, yet approach challenges from different perspectives. “All conference delegates should come prepared with opinions and should expect a day full of interactive discussions,” Foley said.
The Australian American Chamber of Commerce (AACC) in Houston is committed to the progression and continued development of existing and new business relationships. The 2011 Energy Conference will explore many of the issues directly relating to the economics, technologies and social responsibilities facing companies in this dynamic industry.
Below are the details pertaining to this important and informative event:
Date: Friday, January 28, 2011
Time: 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. (Registration 8:00 a.m. – 8:30 a.m.)
Place: Omni Hotel, Houston
Conference Program: Exciting keynote speakers and segments, as well as expansive panels featuring industry and government experts from the United States and Australia, will offer in-depth analysis and perspectives on the relevant global issues and practical business approaches:
- The Present & Future of Oil & Gas Economics
- Major Australian Projects: Opportunities and Challenges
- The Water-Energy Nexus: The Role of Water in Gas and Mining Processes
- Energy Technology Advancements and Innovations
- The Creative Tensions Impacting the Energy Sector
Keynote and Session Speakers:
- The Honorable Martin Ferguson, AM, MP, Minister for Resources and Energy and Minister for Tourism Australia
- Dr. Amos A. Avidan, Senior Vice President of Bechtel Oil, Gas and Chemicals Inc.
- Jan Stuart, Global Oil Economist, Macquarie Capital (USA) Inc.
- Jim Blackwell, President, Chevron Asia Pacific Exploration and Production
- Nigel Smith, President, Development, BHP Billiton Petroleum
- Dale Nijoka, Global Oil & Gas Leader for Ernst & Young
Who Should Attend: Senior executives and management from major, developing and startup energy companies, technologist and investors, research and development experts, managers and executives, energy service companies, government and policy makers, financial and venture capital interests, and accounting, legal and other business supporting organizations are highly encouraged to attend this event.
Registration: Tickets $199 until Jan. 7; $249 after Jan. 7. Register online atwww.AustraliaWeekHouston.org.
Major Conference Sponsors: BHP Billiton, Chevron Corporation, Apache Corporation, ExxonMobil Corporation
For more information about this event and the Houston Chapter of AACC, contact:
The Australian American Chamber of Commerce in Houston
2400 Augusta Dr., Suite 426
Houston, TX 77057