TULSA, Okla., March 2, 2011 – Stonebridge, a leading information technology consulting firm, today announced that revenue for the fourth quarter 2010 was up more than 20% compared to the same period in 2009. The company also said that its total year-over-year revenue growth was solid, reflecting sustained growth in its consulting business.
“Our Q4 numbers were even stronger than we had expected, due to increased demand and improvements in the economy,” said Stonebridge CEO James Ivy. “Coupled with our overall performance for the year, which saw gains in new client acquisition, consultant headcount, sales pipeline and brand awareness, we were able to build substantial momentum heading into 2011.”
In 2010, Stonebridge saw positive trends across all of its core solution lines: Business Intelligence, Portals & ECM, Application Development, Database Solutions and Business Service Management (BSM). In particular, the BSM practice, which focuses on BMC Software consulting and project management services, experienced explosive growth in project-based revenue and consultant headcount.
Overall, Stonebridge increased its billable consulting staff by more than 25% in 2010. The company said the staff increases were the result of demand for its core solutions from new and existing customers. The increased demand for its services also was attributed in part to an aggressive integrated marketing initiative combining digital marketing and social media with more traditional promotional tools and techniques.
Key Stonebridge contract wins and client projects in Q4 2010 included:
- A Fortune 500 power company renewed its annual agreement for SmartSourceSM Database Support and Administration, a Stonebridge managed services offering that comprises onsite database management and monitoring, periodic database optimization and review, and database upgrades and patches. Stonebridge has provided onsite DBA support of the client’s Oracle and SQL Server database environments since 2006. The client opted to renew the relationship because of Stonebridge’s DBA expertise, proven track record and exemplary customer-centric support.
- A major electric utility company selected Stonebridge to develop a comprehensive enterprise content management (ECM) strategic plan in preparation for a migration and deployment of Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2010. Under the customer’s aggressive time frame, Stonebridge ECM consultants performed a thorough assessment of the company’s current ECM environment and technological infrastructure. Based on the assessment findings, Stonebridge collaborated with the customer to develop a strategic roadmap for the adoption and proper application of ECM best practices, including enterprise governance and maintenance, as well as a detailed implementation workflow and project plan. The customer selected Stonebridge because of its 15-year experience in ECM application development and deployment.
- A leading oil & gas field services company selected Stonebridge to perform an assessment of the document management and records management requirements of its largest international division. At the conclusion of the assessment, Stonebridge delivered a detailed findings document on the viability of the customer’s existing SharePoint 2003 ECM platform and presenting a business case for migrating directly to SharePoint 2010. Stonebridge also provided a template for development of a SharePoint governance framework for managing a SharePoint 2010 environment. The company is currently in discussions with Stonebridge to oversee the transition to SharePoint 2010 based on Stonebridge’s deep O&G industry expertise and extensive SharePoint migration project experience.
- A regional electric company selected to develop a map-based “spatial dashboard” pilot application to monitor consumer usage. The development follows Stonebridge’s delivery of proof-of-concept (POC) application of the spatial dashboard concept. In the latest development phase, Stonebridge significantly extended the POC’s data integration and visualization capabilities of IDV Solutions’ Visual Fusion Server 5.0 and Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007. Stonebridge consultants also created IDV adaptors for defined data feeds to the IDV server. The solution allows the utility company to review location-based meter information at the individual residential and communication customer level.
- A global manufacturer of oilfield electric submersible pumps selected Stonebridge to provide business intelligence consulting and integration services for its enterprise data warehouse environment. During Q4 2010, Stonebridge completed three separate phases of its financial data warehouse. The development provided the client with the ability to perform OLAP analysis of GL data across multiple dimensions and creation of financial reports. The new data warehouse solution replaced a number of time-consuming spreadsheet-based processes and granted users greatly improved visibility and analysis capabilities against general ledger data. The Stonebridge solution used the complete Microsoft business intelligence stack, including SQL, SSAS, SSRS, and SSIS.
- One of the world’s largest retail property owners worked with Stonebridge to develop an ITSM Solution Request for Proposal (RFP) encompassing software and implementation services for technology enablement of the BMC process areas, including Incident Management, Problem Management, Change Management, Release & Deployment Management, Configuration Management, Service Level Management, Service Catalog, and Event Management. In order to formulate a best-practice approach, Stonebridge BSM consultants facilitated elicitation sessions to identify client-specific requirements for the activities included in each process area. The resulting RFP included requirements for each process area and included both on-premise and software as service options. To assist the client with the RFP process, Stonebridge validated vendor responses by providing opinion/feedback and to highlight potential risks and also developed the approach to directing effective presentations by each vendor.
- A leading oilfield service provider engaged Stonebridge to create a forms-based business process and workflow automation solution for field ticket processing. The new solution, built on Microsoft InfoPath 2007, will replace the client’s current spreadsheet-based manual process for field ticket data capture and transmission. As designed, it will act as the enterprise standard for collecting job-, task- and material-level information. The client selected Stonebridge based on its extensive Oil & Gas industry experience, InfoPath project expertise, and Microsoft’s recommendation.
- An independent oil & gas exploration and production company selected Stonebridge to develop a prototype of a well master data store. The solution, built on SharePoint 2010, provides the client with the ability to define, update and store well-related information from multiple operational systems. The application also utilizes SharePoint’s workflow functionality to eliminate a high number of redundant manual steps in the client’s current spreadsheet-dependent processes. The prototype master well data store demonstrated how managing data based on an asset-centric approach would eliminate process bottlenecks throughout the enterprise.
- A leading provider of drilling services for the oil & gas industry selected Stonebridge to develop KPI-based executive dashboard solution providing real-time performance of its rig fleet. The underlying architecture of the dashboard gathers, stores and streams real-time data “snapshots” integrating approximately 200 parameters from each rig and transmitted via satellite. Used by managers and analysts at the client’s corporate headquarters as well as external partners, the application emulates the rig control system screens and graphs as they appear at the rig site. The custom solution, which utilizes Microsoft .NET framework and development tools, provides information consumers with an unprecedented level of visibility regarding drilling operations.
- A large health insurance company engaged Stonebridge, in partnership with BMC, to architect and deliver the first implementation of the IT Service Costing module of BMC’s latest IT Business Management software release (7.6.03). The client company, which has an annual IT budget of approximately $2 billion, expects the IT Service Costing module to improve cost transparency and establish a consistent mechanism for service costing and charge-backs across the enterprise. Stonebridge will play an integral role in defining and documenting a best practice-based ITBM practice model that aligns IT services costs with BMC’s ITBM Service Catalog methodology.
- A state health services provider engaged Stonebridge, in partnership with BMC, to implement BMC’s IT Business Management software to facilitate the client’s demand and supply processes and procedures. Stonebridge will implement the Project Portfolio Management and Human Capital Management modules, with integration with the BMC Remedy AR System. The client’s goal is to increase the current maturity level of demand and supply processes and procedures by 100 percent and to demonstrate the business value of ITBM to business uers. To that end, Stonebridge will develop and implement a score-carding functionality that enables IT and business users to identify and isolate IT projects with greatest impact and value to the enterprise.
Stonebridge is an information technology consulting firm focused on helping organizations harness the power of their people, processes and technology. Our clients look to us as a strategic partner with a shared commitment to achieving their business objectives and maximizing their business performance. Founded in 1995 on a commitment to establishing high-value strategic alliances with our clients, Stonebridge has provided business solutions to organizations in all major industries, representing private, public, government, and non-profit entities. More info at www.sbconsulting.com.