TULSA, Okla., Jan. 4, 2018 – Stonebridge Consulting, an oil and gas consulting services company, announces that it has been engaged by a growth-minded natural gas and natural gas liquids producer to provide FLOWCAL advisory and implementation services.
Stonebridge will oversee all facets of the company’s FLOWCAL for Gas and Liquids implementation, including:
- Overall project leadership for the implementation
- Business process definition, automation and optimization
- Vendor management for all in-scope and FLOWCAL-dependent operations systems
- Mapping operations data flow between SCADA (CygNet), volume management (FLOWCAL) and production accounting (ProCount)
- Installation and configuration of FLOWCAL application and Oracle database
- Installation and configuration of TESTit and PROVEit add-on modules
- FLOWCAL reporting, including “point in time” daily and monthly variance monitoring
- Volume management-related regulatory reporting
- End-user training, including comprehensive user documentation
Stonebridge’s client, whose operations are in the Rocky Mountains, is transitioning from a manual spreadsheet-based measurement system. The move to FLOWCAL, an industry-standard software application for oil and gas measurement, will enable it to optimize production operations and accounting through a formal measurement function, with standardized processes and automated processes.
Stonebridge’s focus on volumetrics and deep experience in implementing gas measurement systems were the primary reasons it was selected to lead the client’s FLOWCAL implementation, according to Stonebridge Managing Director Kate Stevenson.
“FLOWCAL is a powerful tool because, when properly configured and installed, it generates quantitative benefits that impact the bottom line,” Stevenson said. “When a company implements FLOWCAL, they are doing more than installing software. To realize the true value of a measurement solution and gain the anticipated operational efficiencies, they first need to consider their business processes and system dependencies, from the field to the corporate office. Further, they must ensure that staff understands the value and how the solution improves their productivity.”
The FLOWCAL project reflects the business value derived from proactive volume monitoring and management for producers. Oil and gas volumes extracted at the well site are directly tied to revenue, which puts an imperative on accurate, timely and reliable volumetric recording and reporting. Proper alignment of production operations processes and technology in the field and the office maximizes operational efficiencies and can lead to significant business benefits, including:
- Increased accuracy and timeliness of volumetric operational production numbers
- More streamlined production accounting process for allocations and regulatory reporting requirements
- Simplified reconciliation against purchaser statements to reduce overpayment of third-party purchasers
- SOX (Sarbanes-Oxley) and AGA (American Gas Association) compliance through auditable and managed volumetric reporting data throughout the operations production cycle
- Consistent volumetric measurements and composition (quality) analysis policies and procedures
- Maximizing market prices through real-time production monitoring activities
- Reduction of asset downtime by automated notifications prior to development of shut-in situations.
- Prevention of catastrophic failures, through real time monitoring against defined equipment thresholds
- Ability to focus limited, valued field staff on asset improvement, rather than unproductive driving time
Stonebridge Consulting, LLC, provides business advisory and technology services for next-gen oil and gas. We serve the oil and gas industry exclusively. Our industry expertise, proven methodologies, and extensive project IP and solution accelerators enable us to deliver projects faster, generating measurable improvements in operational efficiency and saving project time and costs by as much as 50 percent. More information about Stonebridge is available at www.sbconsulting.com.
NOTE: All product and company names are trademarks ™ or registered trademarks ® of their respective holders. Use of them does not imply any affiliation with or endorsement by them.