TULSA, Okla., May 2, 2011 – Stonebridge, a leading information technology consulting firm, today announced that it achieved double-digit revenue growth in the first quarter, driven primarily by dramatic new business activity in its Texas operations.
Overall, Stonebridge posted a 14 percent increase in revenue in Q1 over the previous quarter. In particular, the company’s Texas operations experienced a 40 percent increase in revenue quarter-over-quarter. Significantly, more than half of that growth was derived from net-new customer acquisitions.
Stonebridge Senior Vice President Matthew Childress said, “Our Q1 performance is the direct result of the changes we made last year in our business strategy and operating model. A big factor in our success was the execution of our Texas operations, where we made significant investments geared toward accelerating new business growth throughout the state.” Stonebridge has offices in Houston and Dallas.
In the first quarter, Stonebridge saw positive trends across all of its core solution lines: Business Intelligence, Portals & ECM, Application Development & Support, and Business Service Management (BSM). The BSM practice, which focuses on BMC Software consulting and project management services, posted a 73 percent increase in revenue over the previous quarter.
Also in Q1, Stonebridge became the first Oklahoma-based Microsoft partner to complete Microsoft’s stringent new competency certification process. The company, a Microsoft Managed Partner, achieved Microsoft Gold Competency certification in three areas: Business Intelligence, Content Management and Portals and Collaboration. Gold Competency is the highest skill level obtainable through Microsoft.
In addition to its three Microsoft Gold Competencies, the company also earned Microsoft Silver Competency certification in four technical areas: Search, Data Platform, Software Development and Web Development.
Stonebridge also won significant new business contracts and project extensions in all of its practice areas during the first quarter. Key Q1 contract wins and client projects included:
- A health benefits administration company selected Stonebridge to upgrade a critical data extraction component of its customer service portal. Stonebridge will develop a new process for extracting medical claims data from the company’s claims processing application and making that data available to plan members. The new solution, built on Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), will replace an obsolete Access-based data extraction process. The company selected Stonebridge over a lower-priced vendor based on Stonebridge’s proven experience with similar data integration projects.
- An oil and gas drilling services company engaged Stonebridge to perform a three-week proof of concept (POC) of a “spatial dashboard” displaying company rig and vehicle information in a geospatial context. The custom application, to be developed using IDV Solutions Visual Fusion 5 application and Google Earth, leverages data for from third-party GPS devices installed in the company rigs and vehicles. The POC application also will incorporate safety incident information and external data such as weather and county boundaries.
- A leading provider of electric pumps for the oil and gas industry selected Stonebridge to develop analytical tools and reporting mechanisms to its enterprise resource planning (ERP) system. Stonebridge will design and implement a data warehouse to provide end users with consolidated visibility into the ERP system. The solution, built using Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) and SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS), will enable users to drill through to transaction-level details and reduce time extracting data from multiple systems.
- A global leader in eye care products engaged Stonebridge to manage an accelerated BMC Remedy ITSM deployment. Working in partnership with BMC, Stonebridge performed a comprehensive assessment of the proposed architecture and installed four modules: Development, QA, Production and Validation. Stonebridge assisted the company in identifying enterprise policies for adopting the Remedy ITSM-based processes and for deploying reporting capabilities via BMC Analytics and Dashboard.
- A Fortune 500 natural gas company engaged Stonebridge to provide Microsoft SharePoint 2010 PerformancePoint Services consulting in order to help the company better monitor and analyze its business. PerformancePoint Services provides flexible, easy-to-use tools for building dashboards, scorecards, reports and key performance indicators (KPIs). In addition to providing pre-installation hardware and account service recommendations, Stonebridge will manage the SQL Server 2008 R2 installation and SharePoint 2010 configuration required for the PerformancePoint Services application. The configuration will include the PowerPivot Services and Excel Services applications. Stonebridge also will assist the company with a proof of concept PerformancePoint-based dashboard application.
- An independent oil and gas company engaged Stonebridge to implement the SharePoint Enterprise Startup service. In a four-week project, Stonebridge will complete an initial SharePoint 2010 install and build-out using a proven consulting methodology that will allow the company broad discretion and valuable input into all aspects of the project, including scope definition. Stonebridge’s SharePoint Enterprise Startup is designed to provide organizations with the facts, knowledge and insights needed to make an informed decision about adopting or migrating to SharePoint.
- A global telecommunications and wireless device company engaged Stonebridge, in partnership with ITSM leader BMC Software, to provide advice and guidance on BMC Configuration Management governance. The company’s IT organization holds more than 70,000 internal Configuration Items in its CMDB – significantly more than a standard IT organization – and is considering adding more than 40 million customer devices. Improved governance will allow for more-accurate information on which OS release each customer is running, help the company to better plan releases, provide feedback on new OS take-up and help Service Desk agents with device-incident resolution.
Stonebridge is an information technology consulting firm focused on helping organizations harness the power of their people, processes and technology. Our clients look to us as a strategic partner with a shared commitment to achieving their business objectives and maximizing their business performance. Founded in 1995 on a commitment to establishing high-value strategic alliances with our clients, Stonebridge has provided business solutions to organizations in all major industries, representing private, public, government, and non-profit entities. More info at www.sbconsulting.com.